A Mother's Love

The daily life and struggles of being a first time Mother adjusting to my new life and trying to do my best for the new life we have brought into the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moores Hill, Indiana, United States

I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Haunting???

Ok a bit of a creepy story about our new house.

Well as you know in my last post, we have purchased a house. It was built in the 50's and has 2 additions on it. We have been working on the floors and painting recently which has put either Kevin or myself there late at night alone. This is because some one has to go home or stay at home to put James to bed and make sure he eats a good dinner and gets to bed at a decent time.

Any way, we each have experienced something that neither of us has shared with each other until today. Kevin experienced it before I brought a radio over. He was there by himself and said it was around 11 pm. I experienced it after the radio was there. I too was alone and it was around 9:30.

So I am sure you are now wondering what the "experience" was. We both heard music playing. It wasn't the radio because when Kevin heard it there was no radio. When I heard it I ran and checked the radio and it wasn't on. I wasn't just any music like you would hear on the radio either. It sounded like a music box. We know that each other was telling the truth because we were finishing each other's sentences. Not only did we hear the music, but we also heard people talking. These voices were younger, child like voices. The only children close enough to hear are the neighbors across the street. Kevin said that the family was well in bed and their and our windows were closed when he heard it. When I was there the neighbors weren't even home. I looked around and all the neighbors homes were closed up for the night and there wasn't anyone outside as far as I could see. It had creeped us both out now knowing that each other has experienced it and we weren't just hearing things.

The cemetery next to the house does have a few kids buried there. It is a family plot for what I am guessing was the original owners of the land. So we are wondering if it might be the kids.

I know that some of you are thinking we are complete crazies for believing that there might be ghosts or spirits in the new house. Then there are others that are open to this and thing it interesting. I am a believer in this. We currently live in a house that is haunted. We have had too many unexplained things happen here that we can't just dismiss. Nothing violent or dangerous has happened, but we have had things fall, loud noises, being touched etc. Kevin came downstairs one late evening to a really loud noise that woke him from a sound sleep. He swore that someone had broke into the house. He got downstairs and there was nothing. The doors were locked and everything was in it's place.

Another example is from last night. I had locked up for the evening and went to bed. Kevin got up during the evening to go to the bathroom because he wasn't feeling well. He decided to sleep on the couch just in case he has to make another trip. When James and I got up that morning I saw that the front door was cracked open. I asked Kevin if he had gone out to get something and he said "no". He hadn't touched the front door and it wasn't cracked when he laid down on the couch. He would have seen the porch light coming through it. So now they are unlocking and opening doors on us. Wonderful!

I am not opposed to having ghosts, or whatever you want to call them, in the new place. I just hope that they are friendly and we can all get along. You might see us on an episode of Ghost Hunters if things aren't friendly. As long as they don't bother James and aren't violent toward us then we can live with them. Heck we do now.

Kevin just told me that he experienced a shadow while in the extra bed room taking the tape off the walls. He said that he saw it in the hallway and it headed toward our bedroom. He said that when he ran to look for it, it was gone. Great! This could be quite and interesting house.

I think I will have to do some digging on the history of the land, house and cemetery and see if I can come up with anything. Maybe I can talk to my Father-In-Law and see where I should start. He has done research on the property that we are currently living in. So I am sure that he has some idea where to begin.

Wish us luck.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jamesmmommie. Make your own badge here.
Check out our Frappr!
Links
  • Help Alivia
  • James' LiveJournal
  • James' Babies Online Site
  • My Wish List
  • I would LOVE a Gift Card from here
    The WeatherPixie
    Friends

    Powered by Blogger

    Locations of visitors to this page
    free html hit counter