A Mother's Love

The daily life and struggles of being a first time Mother adjusting to my new life and trying to do my best for the new life we have brought into the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moores Hill, Indiana, United States

I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, August 21, 2006

Kitten is Growing and Growing

A while back I had mentioned that we had a new member in the family. Well I was a bit afraid to post about it in fear that she wouldn't make it. Fortunately that isn't the case and I have been wanting to share all the pictures of her.

I found the little one when she was 2 days old! She was crying in our front flower bed. I could hear her crying while I was in our living room with the t.v. going. She had flies all over her and they had been laying eggs. She had mostly white spots on her from all the eggs. Needless to say it was GROSS. When I picked her up she was completely cold. I couldn't just lever her out there like that to suffer and die that way. I brought her in and warmed her up. Then I gave her a bath to get rid of all the eggs. Once that was done I knew that she should eat. I know not to give cow milk or formula. I remembered that I still had some breast milk frozen and thought that had to be better than nothing until I could get to the pet store. So that is what she ate. Once Kevin came home I ran to the store for bottles and formula. Unfortunately she was so young the bottles were too big for her mouth. I took her to the vet the next day and they gave me some syringes to feed her with. I figured if she was going to die at least she would have a warm comfortable place with her belly full. I didn't have too much hope that she would make it, but I didn't give up. I played mom to her so that she would potty and all that fun stuff. She ended up with an eye infection before her eyes were open. I felt so bad for her. I will spare you the gross details on that. Once it was taken care of she hasn't stopped.

She is a wild one with a sweet spirit. She loves to cuddle and be with you. I am so glad that I didn't wait to bring her in because I don't think she would have made it much longer. So she is now ours and I really think she belongs. James loves her and likes to play with her. She is very playful and loves to chase your feet when you are walking. Our other cat is even getting along with her and he is very antisocial. He will actually play with her, which has surprised me. I think she was a gift from God. I found her 6 days before Leon passed away. So I really think she was meant for me to find her.

I have yet to actually give her a name. I am leaning toward Salem. What do you think?


Day She was Found


Day She was Found


14 Days Old


14 Days Old


Remington and Kitten 23 Days Old


Remington and Kitten 23 Days Old


Kitten Sleeping on Pillow 1 Month Old


Kitten Sleeping 1 Month Old

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jamesmmommie. Make your own badge here.
Check out our Frappr!
Links
  • Help Alivia
  • James' LiveJournal
  • James' Babies Online Site
  • My Wish List
  • I would LOVE a Gift Card from here
    The WeatherPixie
    Friends

    Powered by Blogger

    Locations of visitors to this page
    free html hit counter