A Mother's Love

The daily life and struggles of being a first time Mother adjusting to my new life and trying to do my best for the new life we have brought into the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moores Hill, Indiana, United States

I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Busy Momma

I can safely say that I have been busy lately. I have little time to myself. I have been wanting to blog, but just haven't gotten much of a chance.

James has been keeping me on my toes. He is getting more adventurous and the terrible 2's are well on their way. He has learned the word "No". In a way it is good because he can tell me when he doesn't want something, but then on the other hand when he gets mad or upset he says it over and over again as he is throwing his fit. He has learned a few other words as well. He can say butterfly, bubble, cheeto, cheese, thank you, mom, dad, kitten, dog, choo choo, no, up, down and I am sure that there are more, but I just can't think of them at the moment.

He is understanding more and more what we ask him or tell him to do. It is so nice to be able to tell him to get something and he actually goes and gets the right thing. It is so cool that he knows what we are saying. We play a game where I will ask for something and have him bring it to me. Sometimes I will point in the direction of the item then other times I will look away and see if he understands. He amazes me at how smart he is.

His next well baby check-up is August 7. I can't believe that he will be 19 months then. Where did the time go. He is growing up way too fast! Has anyone out there found a pill to keep them small yet? As far as I know this check-up will just be for weight, height and development. I was told that he is finished with all his shots until 4 or 5 years of age. I am glad that they are over with. I really didn't like having to hold him down knowing that they were hurting him. I had to keep telling myself that it was for his own good and health. It still didn't make it any easier.

He is really into books now. He can't get enough of them. I am not at all opposed to this. I need to get to the book store though and get him some more. He is getting bored with the ones that we have and needs some new ones so I can rotate in some new and take out some old for a while. He would sit with me and let me read to him most of the day. I get my snuggle time in where I can, plus it is good for him to be read to and I hope it will help him when he is learning to read. The sad thing is I have quite a few of the books memorized! LOL

Well I think it is time for me to head to bed. Good Night.

I will leave you with a few pictures of James sitting at the tv. He has his moments where something catches his eye and he has to stop and watch it. For the most part he ignores it. :)





www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jamesmmommie. Make your own badge here.
Check out our Frappr!
Links
  • Help Alivia
  • James' LiveJournal
  • James' Babies Online Site
  • My Wish List
  • I would LOVE a Gift Card from here
    The WeatherPixie
    Friends

    Powered by Blogger

    Locations of visitors to this page
    free html hit counter