A Mother's Love

The daily life and struggles of being a first time Mother adjusting to my new life and trying to do my best for the new life we have brought into the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moores Hill, Indiana, United States

I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Sunday, February 12, 2006

1 Year Check-Up and Other Misc.

Thursday was James' 1 year check-up. Dr. A was really pleased with him. He said that he is right on track and is doing great. He really liked the fact that James didn't cry when he was checking his ears, eyes, stomach, etc. Dr. A said that most babies cry when you mess with them like that. I can say that James is a fairly easy going baby. All went well until he had to get a shot. Poor little guy cried until he couldn't breathe. I felt so bad for him. I really hate the shots, but I know it is for his well being. He had a bit of a bad day after that and the next day he was really whinny and wanted to be held. I really didn't mind the snuggle time, but I really felt bad that he was feeling so miserable. After Friday he was pretty much his old self again. The unfortunate thing is I have to take him back Friday to get 4 more shots! I can't believe that he has to get so many all at once. I am sure that the days following will be some fun ones. I am not looking forward to Friday to say the least. Think of me and wish me luck.

Ok on to James' stats......
Weight 23 lbs 50%
Height 33 in 99%
Head 19.25 in (I haven't looked up the percentile on this one yet)

So he is tall and skinny. Just like his Daddy. I hope that he stays that was and doesn't end up short and fat like me.

I have been watching the Olympics. Gotta love my Directv. I can watch it on all the channels that they are playing on, NBC, CNBC, USA, etc. I got to see the Flying Tomato win Gold. Way to go Tomato!! I just love to watch the Olympics, weather it is the Summer or Winter. I have been watching the Women's Hockey teams as well and the USA are doing really well so far. I am a little nervous if they end up having to play against Canada. I am sure that will be a good game if it happens. I really feel bad for Michelle Kwan. She has fought so hard to get a gold metal and a crazy injury is keeping her from it. I really admire her for stepping down and knowing her limits and letting Emily Hughes go for the dream. I just wish it could have turned out differently for her. So far we only have 3 metals, but 2 of them are gold and the other is silver, so that is good for only having 3. Go USA!!!

I have been working on some knitting lately. I am involved in the Knitting Olympics hosted by the Yarn Harlot. I am making a fair isle hat. I have all the info about it at my knitting blog Knits Galore. Stop by and take a look.

Well I need to get back to knitting my hat. I will *see* ya'll later.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jamesmmommie. Make your own badge here.
Check out our Frappr!
Links
  • Help Alivia
  • James' LiveJournal
  • James' Babies Online Site
  • My Wish List
  • I would LOVE a Gift Card from here
    The WeatherPixie
    Friends

    Powered by Blogger

    Locations of visitors to this page
    free html hit counter