A Mother's Love

The daily life and struggles of being a first time Mother adjusting to my new life and trying to do my best for the new life we have brought into the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moores Hill, Indiana, United States

I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Taking Knitting Classes

Yesterday James and I went to Hamilton to run some errands. We had to go to the Hobby Lobby to pick up a special ordered mat for one of James pictures, stop and give my Mom James' newest pictures, and stop at Lambikin's Hideaway Yarn and Stichery.

I just love Lambikin's! The people are so nice and helpful. I have had nothing but a really good time every time I go. Plus they are so sweet to James. Christina and Sara are always letting James touch the new yarns that they think he might like the feel of. He always has fun when we go. I have a bad addiction there. I guess if you didn't knit or don't have anything to do with yarn then it wouldn't be a place for you. They have yarn, yarn and more yarn. There are so many styles, textures, brands etc. that a girl could go broke very easily in there. This time I was there to sign up for some classes. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while.

I need to get out of the house for some adult conversation. I am going stir crazy and even though I LOVE James to death, I just need to have some "Me" time. Some people go to work, some go to school, mine just happens to be knitting classes. I feel that it will be good for myself and my family. I am hoping that getting out of the house will lower the stress that I have been feeling. I know that I am going to miss James while I am gone, but it is only for 2 hours a class, so it really isn't long. On the other hand I can't even go up the street to the store without missing him and feeling like a piece of me is missing. I am sure that I will enjoy my time and will be a better Mommy for taking some time for myself and not letting the tension build.

Now the fun this is that the classes are from 6 - 8 pm. This means that Kevin is going to have to perform the nightly routine for James. I am a bit scared for James LOL. I am not sure how this is going to go for either of them, but this will be good for both of them. Kevin learning how to do the nightly routine and James letting someone else put him to bed. I just hope that it goes well for the both of them because I really want to be able to take the rest of the classes that I have signed up for.

My first class will be Monday. I have "homework" to be done before I even take the class. I have to make swatches so we can measure the gauge of each swatch.

The Classes that I am taking are:

Importance of Knitting on Gauge (September 12th)
Square of the Month (Every 3rd Wednesday of each month for a year)
Pick Your Own Pumpkin in Lambikin's Pumpkin Patch (September 14th & 28th)
Scarf Styles (October 4th)
Deck the Halls with Your Knitting (October 5th)
Language of Knitting (October 10th)
Fair Isle-Two Handed, Two Color Knitting (November 30th, December 7th & 14th)

I wanted to take the Felted Slippers/Clogs, but the class was already full. I guess that is what I get for waiting. Maybe the next set of classes they will offer it or maybe with it being so popular they will open another one. Here is keeping my fingers crossed.

I am thinking of starting another blog on just my knitting and other crafts that I do. That way I will have some sort of record of my progress. What do you think?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jamesmmommie. Make your own badge here.
Check out our Frappr!
Links
  • Help Alivia
  • James' LiveJournal
  • James' Babies Online Site
  • My Wish List
  • I would LOVE a Gift Card from here
    The WeatherPixie
    Friends

    Powered by Blogger

    Locations of visitors to this page
    free html hit counter